Weight Management Plan
Chubby, overweight, fat and the Capital FAT kind of fat, all these terms are used for people who are on the higher side of the weighing machine. Normal people see them as funny, judgemental, someone who can be hilarious, who should not be confident or serious about things, society believes that it happens when people are lazy, greedy, irresponsible and the obese people face biases in personal and professional fields. This is called FAT phobia, it is deeply rooted and difficult to see. We live in a culture where being fat is seen as something bad and undesired. Thinness as universally good, responsible, successful, in control, idle! You can see this in media, health policy, doctor’s office, every day conversation, in our own attitudes, we blame it on the fat person for the biases he faces– why does he not lose weight? We should question why such constrain against a fat person? Do we really want to live in a society where…enormous value is placed on how we look? Self-acceptance, living outside of what the mainstream considers normal can be frustrating and an isolating place. It’s quite a roller coaster!!! Even strangers look at you with difference. We need to value health as something much more than a number outdated on the BMI chart, value mental health, holistic health more than the perfect size.
It’s your body and you decide what’s best to do with it. BUT, and this is a very big fat but, if the same body has health issues, is showing some warning signs on the bio markers then it is an alarm to listen to, to wake up to.
So do not try to lose weight for the Social Stigma or how the society sees you. But try to understand the Health problems that come with it, there are more than 70 diseases associated with obesity. This is not a cosmetic problem alone. It is a disease, which needs to be addressed.
We need to find the underlying reasons, the answer to the WHY? The ROOTS of Obesity run deep! Explore them with us, the more you understand, the better you can work on it. They can be genetic, psychological, sociocultural, economic and environmental. It is time we break the cycle of shame and blame and revaluate our approach for addressing this complex chronic disease that affects 650 million people worldwide.
Before we start any further, there are two important concepts – obesity doesn’t happen overnight and neither does adopting healthier lifestyle habits.
As per a study published in the British medical Journal, the Lancet, Indian women are more likely to be obese than their male counterparts. There were 20 million obese women in India in 2014 compared to 9.8 million obese men. Though a bitter truth, this is something most women often find out the hard way. As a woman ages, it becomes harder for her to shed that extra weight.
Fad diets like KETO DIET, which came into news when one South Indian Actress died due to liver failure because she was on keto diet, another fad diet very commonly used anywhere in Indian Households is Lemon, honey and warm water, which is dangerous – this is one of the most traditional ways of losing weight, the worst part is that it is effective, but what we miss is the side effects. Continuous intake of this combination causes early onset of arthritis, joint pain and osteoporosis. The simple reason, that it is responsible for leaching out calcium from our bones, so slowly and gradually we move towards osteoporosis. Another fad diet Mono diet – One of the very famous diets these days. These are characterized by consumption of one kind of food in a day or maybe a week. The main side effect of these diets is that they are not balanced diets. The main side effect of a mono diet may not show immediately but after some time it may exhibit itself as hair loss, yellow and dull skin, digestion problem, chronic constipation, weakness, headaches, dizziness and what not.
How to Calculate BMI-BMR
Using a BMI Calculator
BMI, or Body Mass Index, is a measurement attained by calculating a person’s weight and dividing it by the square of their height. This does not actually measure fat, just where your weight falls on a chart as it pertains to your height. The categories that you may fall into on the chart are underweight, normal, overweight, and obese. These categories are further divided, for instance if you are underweight or obese, you may find your weight classified as mild, moderate, or severe. A BMI calculator simplifies the whole process.
Using a BMR Calculator
A Basal Metabolic Rate BMR calculator tells you how many calories are burned while you are doing nothing. Once you figure out how many calories you burn in a day if you just stayed in bed, you have a good indication of the calorie count you need to adhere to in order to lose weight, or gain weight. Lowering your calorie count by 100 calories a day and increasing exercise for 30 minutes a day above your norm can produce results in just a few weeks.
Using BMR and BMI calculators can help you plan a healthy lifestyle. Formulating a plan to meet your goals is much easier when you know just what your starting point is.
Why is being Obese a Problem? Why should I be concerned ?
Obesity has reached alarming figures. Apart from the social, emotional, professional factors, once fat, you could develop diabetes and heart disease as early as in your twenties. Extra weight or obesity is not something anyone should take lightly. It not only affects your appearance, it can put you at an increased risk for lot of health problems like –
- Heart attack and stroke
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid problems
- Joint pain
- Sleep issues
- Obesity is a major cause of Diabetes
There are more than 70 medical conditions associated with the disease of obesity.
According to the World Health Organization, the following health conditions are attributable to being overweight and obesity:
- 44% Diabetes
- 23% Ischemic Heart Disease
- 7-41% Cancers
- Men and women, with body mass indexes (BMI) of 40.0 or higher have an increased risk of death by 250% and 200% respectively.
- More than 25% of Indians are overweight.
- More than 3% are obese (3 crores)
- More than 5% of urban adults are obese
- More than 15% of urban children are overweight.
Obesity puts extra stress on your joints, bones, and organs. Too much fat raises your blood pressure and cholesterol, and makes heart disease and stroke more likely. It also worsens condition like osteoarthritis and back pain, asthma and sleep apnea. It can damage the cells. Obesity is also linked to several types of cancers, your blood responds less well to different hormones, which controls your blood sugar, overtime it can lead to type 2 diabetes.
What are the reasons of Obesity?
The Roots of Obesity Run Deep and are very complex , we cannot always blame a fat person for his laziness or lack of self will to be fit, it can range from any of these
- Low Thyroid function
- Hormone imbalance
- Oestrogen dominance
- Leptin Resistance
- Food intolerance like Gluten, Dairy
- Nutrient deficiencies like D3 deficiencies
- Excess testosterone in women
- High cortisol levels
- Any kind of hormonal imbalance
- Some medicines like corticosteroids, antidepressants, and others
Make peace with food, with your body
As discussed earlier, being fat is a Vicious cycle of low self-esteem, blame bearing, to depression to overeating to increased fat leading to social rejection, isolation and again back to low self esteem, in most of the cases. If we try to lose weight without understanding the underlying root cause, it will keep on coming back. We will be part of the pendulum. Losing the initial water weight is not so difficult. Actual weight lose is the one in which you eat a proper diet composing of all food components, address your hormonal issues, see and correct the identified problem and you lose weight gradually. When done in correct way, there are no symptoms like weakness, hair loss, constipation, uncontrolled hunger, weak digestion, mood swings, low energy levels, pale skin, irritation etc. There is no short cut or quick fix to a deep rooted problem. Do not consider this as some cosmetic fix which you can achieve overnight or in the weekend.
Losing weight the right way is very important for long term. Crash diets can have negative effect on health. Dieting is ineffective because it increases chronic psychological stress and cortisol production, two of the factors known to cause weight gain.
We at Da Ravinto, follow a MERTO policy – Measured, Result oriented and Time bound approach based on scientific research. Once you submit your health reports, your case will be discussed, verified, researched with a panel of relevant doctors, nutritionist, food experts, which might take few days, meanwhile we will provide you with 7 Day Body Reset, that will help you in kick start to losing weight. We want to make you self-sufficient to analyze what you are eating and what you are giving your child and other people in the house or your own parents. Everyone’s food requirement is different. So everyone needs to be treated differently. It might take a year to get rid of what you accumulated in the last ten to twenty years. Don’t take short cuts with putting your health on risk. Nothing is worth it. We cannot do this without your help. So first of all you have to be determined to make changes and trust in yourself. No one else can do this for you.
When it comes to nutrition and weight loss, we believe in keeping things simple, practical and effective. Our approach is personal, non-judgemental, combination of food, nutrients and vitamins based on modern scientific data, analysis of the underlying problem and findings to make a customised food plan for you which will help in balancing the hormonal issues, stress levels and other concerns.
Our ultimate objective is to help you lose weight as well as lead a disease-free quality life you deserve! Together we can create a healthier future.
You Should Join Our Weight Management Program, IF
- You want to lose weight in a safe and healthy manner.
- In last couple of years, you have tried “fad diets” with limited success and now want to achieve long term results.
- You are suffering from health problems due to excess weight resulting in illnesses such as type 2 diabetes; hormone imbalance; high Blood Pressure; fatigue; high cholesterol; imbalanced cholesterol; osteoporosis; allergies; skin disorders, knee pain, migraines etc.
- You would like to experience renewed energy, vitality and be fit and healthy, regardless of your age. Maintaining a healthy balanced lifestyle is the key to preventing disease and strengthening your immune system.
The Main Features of This Programme Are
- innovative all-natural nutrition program that brings balance to hormones, optimizes health, and leads to a new invigorating lifestyle resulting in successful long term weight management.
- It is backed by years of scientific research by doctors, food scientists, industry experts and Nutritionists.
- The essence of the program is the unique capability to develop a truly personalized nutrition plan based upon an in-depth analysis of the client’s individual blood profile values, medical history, and personal likes and dislikes.
- The client’s personalized food plan acts as his/her “road-map”, indicating exactly which natural foods he/she should eat in order to orchestrate the biochemical changes needed for reaching his/her desirable weight and health goals.
- Our products are 100% natural! There are no prescribed injections, pills, shakes, or proprietary foods. The wholesome nutrient-rich foods listed on the personalized nutrition plan is easily available and implemented.
Decided to JUMP START?
How to Proceed Further?
- First step you need to take is book an appointment with us.
- After payment, you will be required to fill a body profile analysis form.
- You will need to submit your basic blood profile reports.
- Based on the above two, our doctor and nutritionist team will discuss your case
- You will be shared one Free ‘7 Day Body Reset ‘ kit which includes products that will last for 7 days with details on how to consume and diet plan.
- After the initial 7 days of following Body Reset, you need to follow the diet plan shared on email for the next 3 weeks along with other life style recommendations.
- Product and Supplement recommendations will be shared based on your individual needs.
- You will need to share your vitals before and after the programme, based on which our team will send you maintenance phase plan.
- Feel free to write to us for any queries at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Roots of Obesity Are Complex.
It’s time to take action – together.
Duration – 1 months
Rs. 5999/- ( 2500/- worth of 7 Day Body Reset Free)
Even a modest weight loss of 5 to 10 percent of your total body weight is likely to produce health benefits like low blood sugar levels, improved hormonal balance, improvements in blood pressure and cholesterol. Apart from the other benefits like better sleep, good mood, better energy levels…list is countless.
What All You Will Get In Our Weight Management Programme?
- 1 kit of 7 Day Body Reset which includes products and plan worth 2500/-
- One initial consultation with doctor and nutritionist.
- Diet plan and recipe guide related to recommended products.
- General guidelines for weight loss.
- Do’s and don’ts list to follow.
- Kitchen musts and grocery list for shopping.
- Supplements suggestion based on blood profile analysis.
- Email support for any queries.
Benefits Of Our Programme And What To Expect After This?
You will be self-equipped with knowledge on how to eat right for keeping track of your weight loss journey and how to stay motivated to keep if off for whole life.
- Easy, safe and healthy weight loss.
- Knowledge on Long term successful weight management.
- Improved health and increased energy levels.
- Better hormonal balance (support for menopause or other hormonal problems such as PCOS).
- Stable blood sugar levels.
- Improved cholesterol levels.
- Reduction in blood pressure.
- Improved mood and lifting of depression.
- Improved skin.
- Healthier digestive system.
- Alleviation of inflammatory joint problems.
- Better sleep.
1. How do I join the program?
As soon as you register with us, you will get a call within 24 hours and after payment, we will start with your analysis.
2. When is the right time to join?
Whenever you have some time to talk, understand and decide to start making changes for your health, call us.
3. What if I need help or support?
We are just an email away.
4. Are the doctors and dietician qualified?
We are a team of well qualified doctors and dieticians.
5. Do I need to eat any weight loss pills?
No! we do not recommend any weight-loss pills.
6. Do I need to change my regional diet?
We focus on each one’s regional diet and local foods and make changes in diet according to your needs and nutrition.
7. Will there be face to face consultation?
All our services are delivered remotely by phone, email, WhatsApp, messaging and video consultations.
8. Is my data protected?
9. What if I want to cancel the program?
We do not have any cancellation policy due to short duration of the programme.
10. Will I achieve my targeted weight goal?
Within a short duration of 3 months, it may not be possible. Weight gain came to you during long years of wrong food choices and life style. But we will guide you in the right direction so that you can easily work on tour targeted weight-loss goals and reducing complications associated with weight gain in a few months.
So if you are ready to dive in and join us on this journey of health and healing, please register now.